Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lololololololo by Slo-Rida (feat Steedy Steed and the Pan-y-As)

Day 16
Lowell, ID to Lolo Hot Springs, MT
Distance: 87 miles
Bottles on board: 5
Energy gels: 1

She got those triple-ring gears, with the whirr, the whole road is lookin’ at her, she took it slow, next thing you know, Steedy’s climbed Lololololololo.

What a fantastic day! It started with a perfectly cooked breakfast eaten with two great guys riding Harleys, who were staying in the same motel. Turns out they own and manage an organic cattle ranch in Oklahoma (amongst other things) and we had a fun time shooting the breeze before it was time for them to cruise off down hill Westbound and for me to start plodding uphill to the East.

And it was a day full of meeting people. Next, it was David, a touring cyclist doing the TransAm in the opposite direction, and then Alex and Alice, two cyclists who had topped and tailed the TransAm to take them from North Carolina to Portland. And so I plodded, and I plodded, and I took photos, and drank water, and chilled.

It was 4pm PCT by the time I set off from my only rest stop for the day, and I had the small matter of the Lolo Pass to conquer. But the heat of the day had subsided, and it was wonderful. And as I climbed steadily, the scenery became more and more enchanting, and the elevation slowly rose, and the summit came by in no time at all.  Woooohooooooo!



Jumping my whole self in, and my whole self out, I once again did the Time Zone Hokey-Cokey, and moved back onto Mountain Time.

And I left Idaho behind and entered the beautiful state of Montana.

Or to follow the hip hop theme… “You may think you’re still da man, but I-da-ho no more” (quote Kim-Kan or Bey-Jay, you take your pick according to the trash mags).

And so now I’m happily checked into the Lolo Hot Springs, drinking Missoula micro brew and playing pool with my new friends, Aaron, Jesse and Damian.

Me x


No comments:

Post a Comment