Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hamilton Peach

Day 18
Hamilton, MT
Distance: Zero (rest day)
Trips to bike shop: two
Trips to Walgreens: one, very long

A word about Hamilton, MT… the word is FANTASTIC!

I woke this morning without an alarm in the comfortable bed in my motel, ate some of the free breakfast, did a load of laundry (clean clothes…yay), charged up all of my various devices on the single board next to the bed that charges five things at once (genius), caught up with a few lovely peeps using the super-quick wifi, and then Steed and I went out to go about my various outside chores, which were not so onerous or chore-like at all.

First stop, Valley Bicycles and Ski, where I pumped up Steed’s tyres for the first time since Baker City, OR, bought some handlebar bag essentials and had a lovely chat with Annie, Randy and Kerri, who run the store.

Second, a trip to Big Creek Coffee Shop on Main for a yummy latte made with fresh ground beans roasted on the premises, and a cheese bagel with Honey and Walnut cream cheese.

Third, a ride up to the other end of town to Bellezza Salon for a deep tissue/sports massage by Meredith to ease the legs, and a chat about the new business/farm she and her man are setting up just outside Hamilton. Then a princess-treat of a pedicure by Tiffany, whose parents used to cycle all over the world (hmmm, food for thought).

Back to the bike shop with my helmet this time to see if they had spare pads to fit my helmet in their magic box of tricks – they didn’t, but it was kind of them to offer.

Then off to 2nd Street Sushi (recommended by Tiffany) for a superb Spicy Tuna Roll and some Chicken Teriyaki served by the lovely Katie. Oh, and a bottle of Japanese mega-brew to balance out all the Montana micro-brew I’ve been putting away (apologies to the FB crew who will be bored seeing the same photo again).



A stop in at Walgreens on the way back to indulge my favourite pastime of walking the aisles looking at all the things I could buy but don’t really need (and certainly don’t want to carry). With as much discipline as I could muster, I limited myself to a tiny nail-brush to clean the straps on my cycle helmet, and some new insoles for the cycling shoes which are not coping well with the bare feet and the hot hot condition - need I say more - except to admit Valerie that I used some of the ironing spray miniature you sent through to freshen up the foxy feet a little… I'm sure that’s precisely why you sent it!!

Back to my comfortable room again… and time for an early night!

Me x

P.S. Happy Birthday to my wonderful nephew Leo for tomorrow - 5 years old already??! High 5...

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely sure that your tootsies are being ironed by this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly sometimes they are a little pressed for time.

      Delete
  2. Leo says thank you Auntie Kat! Great presents! ....scuba dive!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete