Saturday, August 30, 2014

Beam Me Up...

Day 41
Scott City, KS
Distance: zero (non-cycling day)
Episodes of Criminal Minds watched: 5 (all seen before)
Margarita count: one large, one medium

Not much to report for today. I really did rest.

Although I’m quite fond of this little place, Scott City, I think it is fair to say, does not have many cultural attractions - or at least ones such cafes, coffee bars, bike shops, restaurants, bars and shoe shops that would attract an uncultured person such as myself. 

And so I spent my day in the room, out of the searing heat, resting the legs and planning future parts of the trip... and generally wallowing. Oh, and with the TV on in the background playing a Criminal Minds marathon – there are worse things that Derek Morgan (aka Shemar Moore) to adorn the background of a room.

This evening, I trotted back up the road to the fantastic Mexican and mixed things up big time by ordering shrimp fajitas rather than chicken ones. The waiters recognised me from last night and had the large Margarita racked up before I’d even sat down. I resisted the temptation to have a second large one, but instead succumbed to a “medium” (apparently they don’t have small…hmm).
On my way back, I thought I had better try to get a photo for the blog (since at this rate you’d be getting one of Shemar) – this was the best I could manage.



Back in my room in time to consume my fix of high fructose corn syrup by way of a packet of Skittles, and I’ll be ready to sleep in the shake of Dolly the Sheep’s cloned lamb’s tail.

It’s times like this that I’m glad I’m not an insomniac, dyslexic agnostic. Otherwise I’d be up all night wondering whether there really is a dog.

Back on the road tomorrow.


Me x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds a thrilling place - not!! Just going to catch up on your blog for last week or so. Hope you still doing ok.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, there really is a dog didn't you know. He'll start barking at you soon. Or should I say they. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...are you reading today's blog before I've written it, Jerry?? Hows the headwind today? Better I hope - wind from South in KS!!

      Delete
  3. Still following daily. Loved hearing about Brownie, and the daily doses that lift you from a hard day's ride. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete