Saturday, September 20, 2014

Looeevil

Day 62
Louisville, KY
Distance: zero (non-cycling day)
Haircut: one
Hangover: one, the worst so far on this trip (expensive couple of days Tony Duff)
Pizza: one, the best so far on this trip

Did not feel well this morning!

Eventually managed to get myself up, get Steed to the bike shop, Bike Courier, for a change of tyres and chain, and myself to the hair salon for a cut and colour, by early afternoon. Both Steed and I happy with the “work” done on us today…

Other than that, a quiet day trying to recover, catching up on the computer and generally lying low.

I staggered down to the hotel bar this evening and had a drink and chat with the bartender Scott, who helped me plan my route into Harrodsburg tomorrow. Then it was out to Impellizzerri’s Pizza for… a pizza, which was thin, crispy and delicious. Sitting at the bar I got chatting to Patrick, Susan, Victor and John, as well as the bar tender, Charlie. Another great night, but much much more restrained, which was a gooooood thing. The sign in the bar says it all...



Back on the bike tomorrow.


Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment